The Sidekick app for Assetto Corsa by Topuz (https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/sidekick.11007/) is a fantastic HUD app giving lots of really helpful information about tyre temps, delta times, fuel usage and more.
I’ve been using it for a while and had made some changes\additions for my own use, and Topuz has kindly given permission for these to be released to the wider Assetto community.
The changes are fairly minimal, consisting of:
- Information about the current track conditions, including ambient temperature, track temperature, and wind speed and direction.
- A tripmeter and odometer, showing how far the current car has been driven this session and all time. Sidekick has always tracked this information, but it was hidden away in the car status screen.
- The current date and time within the simulation, as well as an estimate of the current time acceleration multiplier. This is only an approximation, but it should be roughly accurate. These are only functional if you are also using SOL.
- A much bigger, more obvious, RPM\Shift light with a glow effect. Which is much easier to see in your peripheral vision than the original narrow bars.
All of these new features are optional, and can be turned off in the Sidekick settings window, or under Settings|Apps|Sidekick in Content Manager.
Brief video showing how the big glowing shift\rpm lights look in use
Unzip the above archive into your Assetto Corsa installation directory, and it will overwrite any exitsing Sidekick installation.
If you do already have Sidekick installed, Your previous settings, odometer readings and laptimes will be preserved, But I strongly recommend backing up the \Assetto Corsa\apps\python\sidekick directory first just in case you have any issues.
- Fixed crash bug when using plain background option
- Added option to show local time, instead of game time
- First Technoluddite release
- Added bigger shift\rpm light
- Added second info line with weather data, trip\odometers, game time\date\multiplier